One thing you may come across when installing OBIEE (any version) on Windows 2008 R2 is that it requires a loopback adapter.
So for Amazon EBS (Windows 2008 R2) :
1. Create a non-routable address entry for your Amazon host in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\host file
2. Go to Server Manager -> Device Manager
3. Right-click on the Host and Add legacy hardware
4. Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list
5. Select Network Adapters
6. Choose Microsoft as the Manufacturer and scroll to Microsoft Loopback Adapter
7. Once the driver is installed , open Network and Sharing Center and select the connection.
8. Make sure you unselect IPV6 and then select IPV4.
9. Enter 10.10.10.10 Subnet 255.255.255.0 as the address. DNS should be left blank.
10. Click Advanced and make sure that Register the connection’s addresses in DNS is unselected.
11. Close all the windows and your done!